2021 Bonivital AAA and AA Tryouts
Tryout Registration dates: Monday March 15, 2021 to Saturday April 3, 2021
Due to current weather conditions, Bonivital Minor Baseball will be changing the AAA & AA tryout dates scheduled for this weekend (April 17 & 18) to the following weekend:
**UPDATED AAA & AA TRYOUT SCHEDULE**
Tryout Dates: Saturday, April 24 & Sunday, April 25, 2021
Rainout Dates: Saturday, May 1 & Sunday, May 2, 2021 or sooner if possible
Location: Southdale Community Centre Baseball Fields
– We will be utilizing all 4 baseball fields and the batting cages
• Sat April 24 at 8 AM to 12 pm – U18 AAA & AA combined
• Sat April 24 at 1:15 PM to 5:15 PM – U11 AA
• Sun April 25 at 8 AM to 12 PM – U15 AAA & AA combined
• Sun April 25 at 1:15 PM to 5:15 PM – U13 AAA & AA combined
• $45 for all players
• Due to social distancing requirements, we strongly recommend paying the fee by e-transfers which can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. E-transfers message must include PLAYER NAME, AGE & LEVEL (AA/AAA) trying out for.
• Registration is not considered complete until payment has been received.
• Arrive 15 minutes prior to your tryout to check in and prepare (see social distancing requirements below)
• Players arriving for the 1:15 PM slot, please do not arrive sooner than 15 minutes prior (no sooner than 1:00) to allow for the prior group to leave
• Please bring all equipment you will require including a water bottle. Sharing of any equipment is prohibited
• Players finishing their tryout must leave the area immediately so the next round of players can arrive safely
• Please bring proof of baseball registration at your home community centre
• Payment – E-transfer as noted above.
• Participants will be provided a T-shirt upon registration.
Covid-19 Safety Requirements:
Arrival / Drop Off/Pick Up
• Players arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before check in.
• Parking lot entrance limited to north entrance closest to school. Stay left (in queue if required) along red curbs.
• One vehicle attends to ‘drop zone’ near batting cages (south-west corner of front parking lot).
• One player and parent if needed may enter check in area at a time. If a parent must accompany a player through screening, they cannot stay parked in the ‘drop zone’ and must move to a parking spot before attending registration.
• Exit via south entrance near diamonds.
• Parents and/or spectators will not be allowed in the tryout area which includes the entire baseball field area, bleacher seats, fence line and the parking lot
• All social distancing requirements will apply to the parents
Covid-19 & Social Distancing during tryout
Players to wear a mask until they are on the fields for tryouts
All Coaches, Facilitators, Evaluators & Bonivital staff must wear a face mask during the tryouts.
(We will update you if Manitoba Public Health rules change)
• Players will be placed into small groups that will rotate around the 6-7 tryout stations set up around the large complex
• Hand sanitizer will be available for all players before, during and after the tryout
• No spitting, gum, sunflower seeds will be allowed.
• No player will be allowed use their mouth for moisture during the tryout
• Equipment will be sanitized between groups during tryouts
• No sharing of equipment
• Players are not allowed to touch or use other player’s equipment
• Bonivital facilitators, evaluators, coaches, and volunteers will be on hand to ensure all rules are followed and enforced.