2021 Bonivital AAA and AA Tryouts
Tryout Registration dates: Monday March 15, 2021 to Saturday April 3, 2021
TRYOUT UPDATE (April 20, 2021)
In preparation for this weekend’s Bonivital AAA & AA tryouts, I would like to send out some clarifications in regards to the recent Manitoba Public Health orders and how it relates to a Sports Organization.
Baseball Manitoba in conjunction with Sports Manitoba have clarified that the recent changes to the 10 person rule on public or private properties does not change the Public Health Order that is outlined for Sports Organizations (Bonivital Baseball).
Due to current weather conditions, Bonivital Minor Baseball will be changing the AAA & AA tryout dates scheduled for this weekend (April 17 & 18) to the following weekend:
**UPDATED AAA & AA TRYOUT SCHEDULE**
Tryout Dates: Saturday, April 24 & Sunday, April 25, 2021
Rainout Dates: Saturday, May 1 & Sunday, May 2, 2021 or sooner if possible
Location: Southdale Community Centre Baseball Fields
– We will be utilizing all 4 baseball fields and the batting cages
• Sat April 24 at 8 AM to 12 pm – U18 AAA & AA combined
• Sat April 24 at 1:15 PM to 5:15 PM – U11 AA
• Sun April 25 at 8 AM to 12 PM – U15 AAA & AA combined
• Sun April 25 at 1:15 PM to 5:15 PM – U13 AAA & AA combined
• $45 for all players
$10 late fee applied for all registrations after April 3rd.
• Due to social distancing requirements, we strongly recommend paying the fee by e-transfers which can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. E-transfers message must include PLAYER NAME, AGE & LEVEL (AA/AAA) trying out for.
• Registration is not considered complete until payment has been received.
• Arrive 15 minutes prior to your tryout to check in and prepare (see social distancing requirements below)
• Players arriving for the 1:15 PM slot, please do not arrive sooner than 15 minutes prior (no sooner than 1:00) to allow for the prior group to leave
• Please bring all equipment you will require including a water bottle. Sharing of any equipment is prohibited
• Players finishing their tryout must leave the area immediately so the next round of players can arrive safely
• Please bring proof of baseball registration at your home community centre
• Payment – E-transfer as noted above.
• Participants will be provided a T-shirt upon registration.
Covid-19 Safety Requirements:
Arrival / Drop Off/Pick Up
• Players arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before check in.
• Parking lot entrance limited to north entrance closest to school. Stay left (in queue if required) along red curbs.
• One vehicle attends to ‘drop zone’ near batting cages (south-west corner of front parking lot).
• One player and parent if needed may enter check in area at a time. If a parent must accompany a player through screening, they cannot stay parked in the ‘drop zone’ and must move to a parking spot before attending registration.
• Exit via south entrance near diamonds.
• Parents and/or spectators will not be allowed in the tryout area which includes the entire baseball field area, bleacher seats, fence line and the parking lot
• All social distancing requirements will apply to the parents
Covid-19 & Social Distancing during tryout
Players to wear a mask until they are on the fields for tryouts
All Coaches, Facilitators, Evaluators & Bonivital staff must wear a face mask during the tryouts.
(We will update you if Manitoba Public Health rules change)
• Players will be placed into small groups that will rotate around the 6-7 tryout stations set up around the large complex
• Hand sanitizer will be available for all players before, during and after the tryout
• No spitting, gum, sunflower seeds will be allowed.
• No player will be allowed use their mouth for moisture during the tryout
• Equipment will be sanitized between groups during tryouts
• No sharing of equipment
• Players are not allowed to touch or use other player’s equipment
• Bonivital facilitators, evaluators, coaches, and volunteers will be on hand to ensure all rules are followed and enforced.